Tuesday, July 26, 2016

another school year begins

times have flown and continue to fly away, and I don't write but continue to think because I'm still breathing and my fingers are now moving so the words are out there instead of in my mind, lost to my own thought, and if you are thinking what I am thinking well what are those thoughts.

a life matters because of matter, or the space it takes up and where it is, who it is, what it does, where it is and how....... the power of the pen is mightier than the sword. So my thoughts are not my own but now on some cyberlink in a place out there for others to read, some and have said not to write things down less you become convicted.

as I watch the craziness of July 2016 quickly pass away and become history, I see my family in visits....you know the family from birth and before because I am only 47. I get to see past history and I am history in the making. who are these people I write about, great uncle and grandparents to my children. I dragged my 13 year along for the ride and I think he will recall the day a bit better than the 7 year old or one year old, maybe one day he will be able to say, I know who my Mom is talking about because she says JULY 2016. That was the summer I turned 14 and she is talking about xyz and pdq. a moment in time but one I hope he can recall and remember.

I am sure he will remember bacon and tofu, because he blames me for having songs that are unknown to many now stuck in his head. As I look at the world we have one thing in common or most of us do, and that is a song

OH GOOD GRIEF SONIC BOOM!! THAT'LL TAKE ME A WHILE TO GET OVER.

skip to salmon and quiz meets and find my 17 year old, snowbird you'll find my 20 year old, and struggling with life the 22 year old as she adjusts to moving out of one apartment into another.

school year 2016-2017 begins ready or not....... NOT!!

I'll feel this way until September 2016, I'll continue to long for the leaves the cold that my brain recalls from 30 years ago my senior year, of driving for the first time to school and all the memories of that one final year of being part of a high school..... a taste of college soon to begin and another chapter where life turns a page....

the pages keep turning so quickly and trying to keep up with a new job that takes my husband out of the home, I miss the conversations already but enjoy the silence I can steal away in his office, now mine for the moment and I might make it more my space now that I'll be here more than he is.

turning pages, 22 her year as a senior in college, 20 her year as a sophomore in college, 17 senior year of high school duel enrolled and finishing up his sophomore year in college, 13 eighth grade, 7 first grade and age 1 just hope he's out of diapers.

and so time flew again and all too soon it'll be 2017 or 2027 .........

crazy election year too.......

No comments: